- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service More
KUALA LUMPUR: Azah Aziz, wife of Royal Professor Ungku Aziz and mother of Bank Negara Governor Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz, passed away today. She was 84.
According to a close family member, Azah passed away due to old age and a stroke at about 10am.
Her remains were buried at the Bukit Kiara Muslim cemetery, here, after Asar prayers.
Among those present at the funeral were former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali, Azah's family members and close friends.
Earlier, Azah's remains were taken to Masjid Saidina Abu Bakar As-Sidiq in Bangsar for prayers. BERNAMA