- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan More
DUBAI: A Bahraini 15 year-old was in intensive care on Saturday after being shot by anti-riot police while attending the funeral of a citizen journalist killed during a protest late last month, the opposition said.
Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Aziz was among several people injured during the ceremony for Ahmed Ismail, 22, the main Shiite opposition movement in the Sunni-ruled kingdom, Al-Wefaq, said.
He sustained bullet wounds to the chest as police fired tear gas and live rounds on mourners.
The shooting came as Formula One bosses said the Bahrain Grand Prix would go ahead next week as planned, despite fears it could be targeted by anti-government demonstrations.
The sport’s governing body, the FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile), and commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone made separate announcements in Shanghai, venue of this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix.
The controversial Bahrain event set for April 22 has overshadowed the lead-up to Sunday’s race in Shanghai and many teams are believed to have grave concerns.
It was postponed last year after protests broke out against the government, and was thought to be in jeopardy once again because of the more than year-long demonstrations. - AFP