- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody
- 'Bluefin-21' to end scan next week
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Forced to live on the streets More
PUTRAJAYA: Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaacob has urged the public to be wary of a discount card scam purportedly from the government and being sold for up to RM30.
He said all discount cards offered by the government were provided free to the public.
"The names of the cards are also confusing as if they come from the government."
"Let me clear the air that the Rakyat 1Malaysia's name can only be used with the approval of the Prime Minister's Office. Anyone who uses the name without permission can be prosecuted under the Trade Marks Act 1976," he told a news conference here today.
He said the government's discount cards were Kad Skuad Pengguna, Kad Diskaun Siswa 1Malaysia, 1Malaysia Privilege Card, Kad Bekas Tentera, Kad Orang Upaya, and Kad Pesara Kerajaan Malaysia which entitled three million users to get between five and 50 per cent discount at 2,170 premises throughout the country.
He said the government was planning to extend the discount cards to other uniform services like nurses, firemen, Civil Defence Department personnel and Rela members as well as students studying part-time, long-distance and overseas.
Ismail Sabri said the government was planning to combine the cards into a single card.
For more information on the cards, the public can visit www.1pengguna.com/SkuadPengguna.com. - BERNAMA
GK GK MB 21/03/2013 21-