- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Cool, cool hills
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed
- Japan's elderly not acting their age
- Ferguson praises 'amazing' Beckham's longevity
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder More
KUALA LUMPUR -- An Assistant Editor of the Economic News Service, Malaysia's National News Agency (Bernama), Jeffri Mohd Rafiee, died of a heart attack at the National Heart Institute, here early this morning.
Jeffri, 44, who died at 3.20 this morning, is survived by his wife, Yati Yassin, 41, and three daughters.
His remains had been taken to his house at 21, Jalan 15/5H, Section 15, Bangi before the burial at the Sungai Tangkas Muslim Cemetery, Bangi before the Zohor prayer.
Jeffri was admitted to the IJN on Saturday following a heart attack.
Jeffri, who was born on June 30, 1968 graduated with a Bachelor of Law degree from Leeds University, United Kingdom in 1991. He was from Klang, Selangor.
He first served as a Cadet Journalist, Economic News Service, Bernama on March 1, 1993 at the age 25.
On May 10, 2004 he was transferred to the English Subs Desk, Domestic News Service, Bernama before his appointment as Assistant Editor of the English Subs Desk at the Economic News Service on July 1, 2009.
Jeffri was a recipient of the Excellent Service Award in 2007. -- Bernama