- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- First catenary traffic light launched More
KUALA LUMPUR -- An Assistant Editor of the Economic News Service, Malaysia's National News Agency (Bernama), Jeffri Mohd Rafiee, died of a heart attack at the National Heart Institute, here early this morning.
Jeffri, 44, who died at 3.20 this morning, is survived by his wife, Yati Yassin, 41, and three daughters.
His remains had been taken to his house at 21, Jalan 15/5H, Section 15, Bangi before the burial at the Sungai Tangkas Muslim Cemetery, Bangi before the Zohor prayer.
Jeffri was admitted to the IJN on Saturday following a heart attack.
Jeffri, who was born on June 30, 1968 graduated with a Bachelor of Law degree from Leeds University, United Kingdom in 1991. He was from Klang, Selangor.
He first served as a Cadet Journalist, Economic News Service, Bernama on March 1, 1993 at the age 25.
On May 10, 2004 he was transferred to the English Subs Desk, Domestic News Service, Bernama before his appointment as Assistant Editor of the English Subs Desk at the Economic News Service on July 1, 2009.
Jeffri was a recipient of the Excellent Service Award in 2007. -- Bernama