- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370: Family of Texas man comforted by faith
- Chong Wei is king again More
KUALA LUMPUR: Padiberas Nasional Berhad's (Bernas) Hari Raya television commercial has deeply touched everyone's heart, thanks to the amazing talents of two special children who are physically challenged in real life.
Bernas managing director Datuk Bakry Hamzah in a statement here today said playing Ahmad in the commercial was 12-year-old Ahmad Abdul Matin Asmadi who is deaf and currently studying at Pusat Pertuturan Kiu, here.
He said that the character of Fizi was played by Amirul Hafizi, a blind eight-year-old boy studying at Sekolah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas (SKPK) Jalan Batu, here.
"Love, filial piety as well as the fostering of strong family ties and friendships are some of the values that express the true significance of Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
"This festive season, Bernas continues to showcase these merits and a spirit of community through our Hari Raya television commercial. We hope to share these positive values with all Malaysians especially the strong bond and eternal love that exists between children and their parents," he said.
The heartwarming commercial titled 'The Journey' was an endearing story about two orphans who embark on a journey on the eve of Hari Raya. Faced with many challenges, their determination and perseverance allow them to fulfill their obligation of unconditional love.
Bakry said the television commercial was one of the several Ramadan related initiatives under Bernas 'Bowls of Humanity' campaign.
"Since the campaign started in July 2011, Bernas has donated approximately 900,000kg of rice worth RM2.25 million to orphanages nationwide.
"Through this campaign, Bernas continues to donate 25 grams of every 10kg pack of Bernas rice purchased to orphanages around Malaysia," he said. -- BERNAMA