- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief More
KUALA LUMPUR: Padiberas Nasional Berhad's (Bernas) Hari Raya television commercial has deeply touched everyone's heart, thanks to the amazing talents of two special children who are physically challenged in real life.
Bernas managing director Datuk Bakry Hamzah in a statement here today said playing Ahmad in the commercial was 12-year-old Ahmad Abdul Matin Asmadi who is deaf and currently studying at Pusat Pertuturan Kiu, here.
He said that the character of Fizi was played by Amirul Hafizi, a blind eight-year-old boy studying at Sekolah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas (SKPK) Jalan Batu, here.
"Love, filial piety as well as the fostering of strong family ties and friendships are some of the values that express the true significance of Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
"This festive season, Bernas continues to showcase these merits and a spirit of community through our Hari Raya television commercial. We hope to share these positive values with all Malaysians especially the strong bond and eternal love that exists between children and their parents," he said.
The heartwarming commercial titled 'The Journey' was an endearing story about two orphans who embark on a journey on the eve of Hari Raya. Faced with many challenges, their determination and perseverance allow them to fulfill their obligation of unconditional love.
Bakry said the television commercial was one of the several Ramadan related initiatives under Bernas 'Bowls of Humanity' campaign.
"Since the campaign started in July 2011, Bernas has donated approximately 900,000kg of rice worth RM2.25 million to orphanages nationwide.
"Through this campaign, Bernas continues to donate 25 grams of every 10kg pack of Bernas rice purchased to orphanages around Malaysia," he said. -- BERNAMA