- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
KUALA LUMPUR: Padiberas Nasional Berhad's (Bernas) Hari Raya television commercial has deeply touched everyone's heart, thanks to the amazing talents of two special children who are physically challenged in real life.
Bernas managing director Datuk Bakry Hamzah in a statement here today said playing Ahmad in the commercial was 12-year-old Ahmad Abdul Matin Asmadi who is deaf and currently studying at Pusat Pertuturan Kiu, here.
He said that the character of Fizi was played by Amirul Hafizi, a blind eight-year-old boy studying at Sekolah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas (SKPK) Jalan Batu, here.
"Love, filial piety as well as the fostering of strong family ties and friendships are some of the values that express the true significance of Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
"This festive season, Bernas continues to showcase these merits and a spirit of community through our Hari Raya television commercial. We hope to share these positive values with all Malaysians especially the strong bond and eternal love that exists between children and their parents," he said.
The heartwarming commercial titled 'The Journey' was an endearing story about two orphans who embark on a journey on the eve of Hari Raya. Faced with many challenges, their determination and perseverance allow them to fulfill their obligation of unconditional love.
Bakry said the television commercial was one of the several Ramadan related initiatives under Bernas 'Bowls of Humanity' campaign.
"Since the campaign started in July 2011, Bernas has donated approximately 900,000kg of rice worth RM2.25 million to orphanages nationwide.
"Through this campaign, Bernas continues to donate 25 grams of every 10kg pack of Bernas rice purchased to orphanages around Malaysia," he said. -- BERNAMA