- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
KUALA LUMPUR: "Rosmah Mansor", a book which chronicles the life of the prime minister's wife, was launched today by the Sultan of Pahang Sultan Ahmad Shah.
Yayasan Amanah Perdana Malaysia chairman Shamsulbahrin Ludin, the book's publisher, said the new biography will allow readers a well-rounded glimpse into Rosmah's life from her childhood to the present.
"Some of the facts presented in this book have never been told to anyone before."
Its highlights, he said, include her marriage to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak - in particular, the challenges she faced first as the wife of a cabinet minister, deputy prime minister and now the country's leader.
Written in an informal and relaxed tone, the book features stories from her school days at Tunku Kursiah College, Negeri Sembilan, and includes interviews with her closest friends.
"Many would want to know what life was like when she was a child, in primary and secondary schools.
"In addition to her life in campus and in the workforce, her life at the TKC was filled with interesting events which will certainly draw special attention," Shamsulbahrin said.
The book also includes a special chapter in which Rosmah addresses the public rumours surrounding her life, whether regarding her family or her involvement in current events.
"Most importantly, we expect this book to provide answers in response to slanderous comments leveled at (Rosmah).
"In other words, it is a small effort by us to show her best attribute, that is her humility, through this book," Shamsulbahrin said.
The 164-page biography also details her involvement in community work, especially her efforts to develop the Permata Negara programme, her engagement with non-government organisations as well as her participation in Bakti and in various international programmes.
It also showcases a collection of old and recent photographs.
The book's soft launch was held as part of Rosmah's birthday celebration, which included performances by singer Misha Omar and students from the Permata Seni programme.
Present at the ceremony were the Royal Consort of Pahang Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom, Najib and Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Ahmad Maslan.