- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia bags 43 gold medals
- Retired NST staff, wife killed in multiple vehicle crash
- Dr Chua prays MCA will rise out of doldrums
- MCA 2013 : Liow is new party president
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- France searches river for China tycoon after chopper crash
- PKR Wanita chief slams Lim for racist remark
- MCA 2013 : Party's future in members hands - Dr Chua
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- Torres calls to hurry up
- Malaysians safe in South Sudan
- Najib's visit to Saudi Arabia will take KL-Riyadh relations to greater heights
- Singapore beats Malaysia in Sea Games football
- MCA 2013 : Liow vows to unite party More
GUA MUSANG: The Barisan Nasional (BN) will make major changes in Kelantan if it can take back the state in the next general election, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
"We will present our manifesto, which we are now preparing, for Kelantan. We will show to the people in the state our agenda for Kelantan," he told reporters
after opening the 1Malaysia Community Carnival for Kelantan state at the Padang Pusat Sivik, here today.
In this regard, Najib, who is also Umno president and BN chairman, said the BN, especially Umno, would give a strong challenge to the opposition pact in
Kelantan in the next general election.
He said that Kelantan Umno under Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed as chairman of the State Umno Liaison Committee, had been and would be working hard to achieve the objective through various programmes.
Meanwhile, the Prime Minister said the government, through the Ministry of Information Communication and Culture, provided a special programme in Kelantan to assist the people in the state who had not received good television transmission all this while.
He aid the programme, with the cooperation of Astro, would provide 1,000 units of satellite discs initially to the affected homes with 600 units in Gua Musang while the balance would be for houses in the vicinity of the area.
"We started to give out the decoders today. Subsequently, they will receive Astro transmission...all this while they could not receive the Astro transmission as well as the normal television transmission," he added. - Bernama