- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Tears as Mandela lies in state
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Three nations close to joining Chemical Weapons Convention
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Why judge those who help sincerely?
- Tutu home burgled during visit to Mandela memorial
- Mukhriz launches Ansara Club
- Terengganu: Aid only for pvt schools registered with ministry
- Snowden hopes leaks will improve transparency More
GEORGE TOWN: The body of Khoo Boo Soo, a Muslim convert, was taken by state Islamic Religious Affairs officials from the Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi funeral parlour here at 1.40am today.
The body had been placed in the funeral parlour for the past three days for his family and friends to pay their last respects.
Boo Soo's brother, who declined to be named, confirmed that the body was handed over to Muslim authorities without incident.
Boo Soo, 55, was then laid to rest according to Muslim rites in Kampung Dodol in Jalan Perak after Subuh prayers at about 6am.