- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- 'No place for Shia'
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show More
MANILA: Divers recovered the body of one of the Philippines’ most influential politicians on Tuesday, three days after a light plane carrying him and three others crashed into the sea, the government said.
Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo’s remains were found at a depth of 55 metres (180 feet) near the coast of the central island of Masbate, where the plane went down on Saturday, Transportation and Communications Secretary Mar Roxas said.
Roxas said divers battled strong currents to reach the wreck of the twin-engine Piper Seneca, which was lying overturned on the sea bed about 800 metres from the shore, and Robredo’s body was then brought up.