- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 260,000 jobs by year-end
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House
- Rexy turning it on for Indonesia More
MANILA: Divers recovered the body of one of the Philippines’ most influential politicians on Tuesday, three days after a light plane carrying him and three others crashed into the sea, the government said.
Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo’s remains were found at a depth of 55 metres (180 feet) near the coast of the central island of Masbate, where the plane went down on Saturday, Transportation and Communications Secretary Mar Roxas said.
Roxas said divers battled strong currents to reach the wreck of the twin-engine Piper Seneca, which was lying overturned on the sea bed about 800 metres from the shore, and Robredo’s body was then brought up.