- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills
- EPL: Fixture pile-up worries Wenger
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Nigerian farmers abandon food crops for cannabis: agency
- WORLD CUP DRAW 2014: FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states More
GEORGE TOWN: A bouncer was yesterday charged in the magistrate's court with murdering a female senior citizen last month.
Ooi Kean Leong, 35, was alleged to have committed the offence against Tan Kim Chuan, 60, in front of a motorcycle parking area at Block J, Jalan Padang Tembak about 6.02am on July 10.
Magistrate Sri Pracha Nanthini Balabedha fixed Oct 2 for mention pending the post-mortem report.
Ooi, from Bayan Lepas, was not represented, while Deputy Public Prosecutor Lim Cheah Yit prosecuted.
Ooi was arrested on Aug 8.
It was reported that Tan, a widow, who had moved into the Rifle Range flats just two weeks earlier, was walking alone near block J of the flats when her handbag was snatched by a motorcyclist.
She fell and knocked her head on the road, and succumbed to her injuries at the Penang Hospital nine hours later.
Close-circuit television (CCTV) footage showed seven people walking past her without helping, as she lay unconscious with a cracked skull.
About 6.10am, three good Samaritans reportedly lifted her to the side of the road and called for an ambulance.