- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United More
Boutique manager has come out in the open to clear his name
IPOH: A boutique manager, who became 'public enemy No 1' after footages of him allegedly abusing his pregnant wife found its way into the social media, has come out in the open to clear his name following constant harassment and threats.
The 26-year-old who had remained evasive since the incident first came to light two weeks ago, yesterday produced a closed-circuit television camera recording of what transpired on Aug 23 and Aug 25.
Before this, his two-month pregnant wife had only uploaded bits and pieces of the recording.
The first recording on Aug 23, which ran for 11 minutes and 50 seconds, and the second recording on Aug 25 for 2 minutes and 37 seconds, showed the couple quarreling. It also showed footages of the husband abusing his wife and she defending herself.
The footages went on to show the husband comforting his wife after the quarrel.
There were no footages to show the man attacking his mother-in-law, as alleged by her, nor the “one-hour continuous attack” his wife had earlier complained about.
Speaking to reporters after showing and explaining the recording, the husband said he had no choice but to come forward to clear his name after bits and pieces of the recording were made available on Facebook and Youtube.
"I have been constantly harassed and threatened via calls, SMSes and even FB chats. The hate mails have been pouring in non-stop. People worldwide have asked that I add them as my FB friends, and when I did, they condemned and labelled me with all sorts of names.
"There is nothing much I can do except to reveal what actually transpired on both days. I leave it to all of you to judge if I am really the kind of abusive husband as claimed by my wife and my mother-in-law," he told a packed Press conference at a hotel here yesterday.
Also present were his father, younger brother and friends.
Elaborating, the man said it was never his intention to hurt his wife in any way.
He also explained that he was merely acting in self-defence when his wife allegedly attacked him. She allegedly trie dto kick him in the groin and poke his eyes.
“She wasn’t the only one hurt. I too, suffered injuries. There were bruises all over my body. I had to seek treatment in hospital,” he said.
The husband added he had not heard from his wife following a court order, restraining him from having any contact with her.
"I still love her very very much. I really hope we can be together as a couple again. I will do whatever possible to save this marriage," he said, adding that they had been together for more than 15 months now.
Chik also said he was prepared to face whatever consequences as a result of police investigations into the case.
Meanwhile, state criminal investigations department chief Datuk Mohd Dzuraidi Ibrahim said police would call the couple in for questioning again following the latest development.