- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- End near if self denial continues
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB More
KUALA TERENGGANU: A three year-old boy is in a coma believed to have been abused by his mother's boyfriend in Kampung Tualang, Manir, near here last night.
Mohd Danish Aiman Abdullah was slapped by the suspect, 31, at 9pm after a misunderstanding with his mother Norisah Kassim, 22 at the suspect's family house.
Panicked on seeing that Danish was unconscious, Norisah rushed him to Nur Zahirah Hospital and was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU).
It is understood that Norisah and Danish's father are in a divorce process and they had been staying at the suspect's house for the last three months.
Terengganu CID chief ACP K. Manoharan when contacted confirmed receiving a police report on the case.
He said police are hunting for the unemployed suspect who is believed to have gone into hiding.
The case is being investigated under Section 31 (1)(a) of Child Act 2001. -- BERNAMA