- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Actress Azean Irdawaty dies
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- Woman tied-up for 13 hours rescued by brother
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- Property owners protesting rate hike confused: Tengku Adnan
- BR1M 2014 applications open from Mon to Jan 31
- Customs men among 11 held in raids
- 'Govt takes care of civil servants'
- Dutch prostitutes demand footballers' pension perks
- Mishandled bag delays KLIA flights
- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 11 people including Custom officers nabbed in drug bust
- International flights grind to a halt
- Two major projects More
KUALA TERENGGANU: A six-year-old boy was injured in buttocks and fingers after he was believed to have been abused by his stepfather.
The incident was believed to have taken place between June 4 and 9 when the victim was at his mother's house in Kampung Gong Machang, Besut during the school holidays.
The incident was discovered by the father on Monday at about 12.30pm after the son complained of pain on the backside.
State CID chief ACP K. Manoharan said on inspection, the father found burn marks on boy's buttocks and made a police report at the Besut police station.
"The victim is now being treated at Besut Hospital," he told reporters here today.
He said following the report police arrested the suspect, 40, at his residence at about 2am last night.
"Investigation found the suspect had several previous records on drugs and a urine screening showed the suspect from Bandar Permaisuri, Besut was tested positive for metamphetamine.
The suspect was being remanded for four days for investigations on child abuse. -- BERNAMA