- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- Waterspouts spotted off Lido Beach in Johor
- Court dismisses defamation suit by Gardenia
- New lead in Shaharuddin's probe
- Man high on wanted list shot dead by police
- Lim: Penang Pas unhappy with PKR, not DAP
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- Property bubble: fact or fantasy?
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- PMR results out on Dec 19
- Six US soldiers killed in Afghan helicopter crash More
Boy pleaded guilty to raping a neighbour's daughter
KUANTAN: A 16-year-old boy pleaded guilty in the magistrate's court yesterday to raping a neighbour's daughter who was only seven.
The youth, from Kampung Chendor Tengah, Beserah, near here raped the girl near the banks of Sungai Ular around 6.45am on Feb 10.
Magistrate Ruzuaini Tuan Lah granted RM3,000 bail with one surety and adjourned proceedings to Sept 12 pending a juvenile report from the Welfare Department.
Deputy public prosecutor Ain Fadilla Md Ali prosecuted while the accused was not represented.
In the same court, labourer Mohd Shahreel Othman, 32, was sentenced to 10 months' jail and fined RM2,000 for stealing 13 pairs of baju kurung.
He pleaded guilty to stealing the clothes, belonging to boutique Denai Butik Sdn Bhd, on the ground floor of East Coast Mall shopping complex here between 10pm and 10.40pm on Aug 5.
In mitigation, Shahreel pleaded for leniency and only wanted to be fined as he wished to visit his parents during Hari Raya.
Ain Fadilla pressed for a deterrent sentence because the accused had similar convictions in 2010 and 2011.
Ruzuaini also ordered the accused, who was unrepresented, to serve another two months’ jail if he failed to pay the fine.