- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
KUALA LUMPUR -- Application forms for the second round of the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M 2.0) cash aid are expected to be distributed this month, says Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Donald Lim Siang Chai.
“The government will make an announcement on BR1M 2.0 in one or two weeks, by October the forms should be available,” he said after launching the Malaysia Insurance Summit 2012 here today.
BR1M 2.0 was announced on Friday by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, with eligibility extended to single individuals, aged 21 and above and earning below RM2,000 a month, who will get a RM250 one-off payment.
Najib, who is also Finance Minister, said RM3 billion has been allocated for the scheme, with payments from early next year to 4.3 million households and 2.7 million single individuals.
Lim said those who had previously applied for BR1M 1.0 need not re-register for BR1M 2.0, while those who think they are eligible would have to make fresh applications.
University students, who already have the RM250 book voucher, are not eligible for the cash aid, but unemployed university graduates are, he added. -- Bernama