- Kidnapped Taiwanese tourist rescued by Philippines security forces
- Indonesian Muslims protest Christmas in Aceh
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- I listen to people's plight, says Najib
- Firemen rescue 152 children, teens trapped on Bukit Broga
- Mourinho feels the heat
- After 50 years Cubans can now buy, sell cars
- Five Indian policemen accused of gangraping teenager
- Chinese billionaire missing after France helicopter 'crash'
- Wisma Putra's dilemma
- Dengue bites harder, hospitals swamped
- SEA GAMES: Women's football squad miss bronze, lose 0-6 to Myanmar
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Rosmah receives 'Global Inspirational Leadership' award More
SHAH ALAM: A 26-year old bride-to-be was killed in a crash at the signalised intersection at Jalan Montfort, Section 13 here this afternoon.
In the 4.30pm incident, Nadia Syazwani Zahari was driving from Batu Tiga towards TTDI Jaya in her Perodua Kancil when her car was rammed by an Audi A4.
She suffered serious body injuries and died at the scene while the other driver escaped unscathed.
Her fiance, Shafiq Khairy Mohd Shariff, 26, rushed to the scene after he received a call notifying him of the accident.
"Nadia works as a part time photographer and was on her way to a photo shoot at Bukit Jelutong.
"Her client told me about the accident after she failed to show up for her appointment," he said at the site.
The couple met two years ago while they were studying at Universiti Selangor (Unisel) and became engaged in August last year.
"We were supposed to get married this October," he said.
The victim's sister-in-law Hanis Shafinaz, 34, said Nadia was the only girl in her family of four siblings and was also the youngest.
"Nadia had just completed her studies in graphics and was about to attend her graduation," she said at the scene.