- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Cool, cool hills
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed
- Japan's elderly not acting their age More
Budget 2013 focus group meetings likely to conclude by end-July
KUALA LUMPUR: The Finance Ministry expects to complete the focus group meetings on Budget 2013 by end-July, Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said today.
He said there were 10 more meetings to be held before finalising the budget.
"We will complete the whole budgetary process by end-July. We are now going through all the documents and studying responses received from focus groups," he told reporters after announcing the Retirement Fund Incorporated financial results.
Ahmad Husni said the government was working to table the best budget for next year with the people's well-being at heart.
He said the outcome of discussions would serve as valuable inputs to draw up the budget which would be tabled in Parliament by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on Sept 28. Najib is also the Finance Minister.
Seventeen focus group meetings representing 17 key sectors were scheduled for the budget preparation. The meetings started on June 13. -- BERNAMA