- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New PTPTN rules soon
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- 'No place for Shia'
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
Budget 2013 focus group meetings likely to conclude by end-July
KUALA LUMPUR: The Finance Ministry expects to complete the focus group meetings on Budget 2013 by end-July, Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said today.
He said there were 10 more meetings to be held before finalising the budget.
"We will complete the whole budgetary process by end-July. We are now going through all the documents and studying responses received from focus groups," he told reporters after announcing the Retirement Fund Incorporated financial results.
Ahmad Husni said the government was working to table the best budget for next year with the people's well-being at heart.
He said the outcome of discussions would serve as valuable inputs to draw up the budget which would be tabled in Parliament by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on Sept 28. Najib is also the Finance Minister.
Seventeen focus group meetings representing 17 key sectors were scheduled for the budget preparation. The meetings started on June 13. -- BERNAMA