- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain More
'Budget 2013 will prepare economy for new challenges'
Kuala Lumpur: Budget 2013 will prepare the economy to face challenges arising from the current situation in Europe, International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said today.
He said next year's budget would ensure the Malaysian economy would continue to grow at a sustainable level.
Asked on what are the key sectors the budget would focus on, Mustapa said small and medium enterprises, investments and trade would be the core areas.
"In Budget 2012, the government introduced various programmes to further develop SMEs. I hope these programmes will be continued to help SMEs grow.
"We hope to introduce new programmes (in Budget 2013)," he said.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak will table Budget 2013 in Parliament on Sept 28. Najib is also Finance Minister. -- Bernama