- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Fadillah: Priority for Pan Borneo highway upgrade
- 'Chong Wei is my idol'
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case More
'Budget 2013 will prepare economy for new challenges'
Kuala Lumpur: Budget 2013 will prepare the economy to face challenges arising from the current situation in Europe, International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said today.
He said next year's budget would ensure the Malaysian economy would continue to grow at a sustainable level.
Asked on what are the key sectors the budget would focus on, Mustapa said small and medium enterprises, investments and trade would be the core areas.
"In Budget 2012, the government introduced various programmes to further develop SMEs. I hope these programmes will be continued to help SMEs grow.
"We hope to introduce new programmes (in Budget 2013)," he said.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak will table Budget 2013 in Parliament on Sept 28. Najib is also Finance Minister. -- Bernama