- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 260,000 jobs by year-end
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House
- Rexy turning it on for Indonesia More
IPOH: A bus driver was killed and 13 other people were injured after an express bus and two lorries were involved in an accident at Km303.6 of the North-South Expressway near Kampar early today, police said.
Kampar OCPD Supt Abdul Aziz Salleh said the bus driver, who died on the spot in the 2.45 am accident, had been identified as Azizan Hamid, 51, of Seberang Jaya, Penang.
The body had been sent to Kampar Hospital, he said.
He also said that all the 11 passengers of the bus, which was travelling from Ipoh to Kuala Lumpur, and the drivers of the two lorries, which were also travelling in the same direction, were slightly injured and given outpatient treatment at the same hospital.
Abdul Aziz said Fire & Rescue personnel were rushed to the scene to remove the passengers trapped in the bus. -- BERNAMA