- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Bound and gagged woman, 76, found dead at home
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- 'Malaysia lacks specialists' More
Businessman assaulted for wanting to report accident
GEORGE TOWN: A businessman was assaulted by a group of men for wanting to lodge a police report after his car was dented from behind by a motorist at Jalan Tanjung Tokong at 10.15 am yesterday.
The victim, Khor Jin Leng, 39, said the driver became upset and knocked his windscreen before leaving the scene, after he (Khor) said he was going to make the report.
Khor said as he continued on his journey, about 10 men on motorcycles stopped him in front of the Tanjung Bungah hotel and proceeded to assault him with helmets and damage his car.
He added that a while later, the man who had hit his car came by and smashed his windscreen.
Meanwhile, North East police chief, Asst Comm Gan Kong Meng confirmed the incident today and said a 33-year-old ambulance driver had been detained. -- BERNAMA