- Dr M: Umno contest may prove detrimental
- Crying need to solve haze problem
- Return RM1.8 Million: “No man should enrich himself unjustly,” rules judge
- Tabung Haji quota reduced by 20 per cent
- Water cuts in KL, Selangor
- A 78kg monster
- 'Continuous piling will damage other buildings'
- New threats to palm oil
- Developer ordered to pay back RM1.8m in condo fees
- PM urges caution as haze worsens
- Proton to cut prices on all models
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity
- Football: Ferguson's first Man Utd team sheet for sale
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to pull fighters out of Syria More
MONTREAL: Porn actor Luka Rocco Magnotta, dubbed “the Canadian Psycho,” landed late Monday at a Montreal airport after being extradited from Germany, police said.
He arrived on board a Canadian military plane. Magnotta is accused of slaying and dismembering a Chinese student in Montreal last month, before fleeing to Europe.
A convoy of police vehicles left Mirabel airport, the city’s second air hub which does not usually handle passenger traffic, shortly after 7:00 pm (2300 GMT).
Police spokesman Ian Lafreniere did not immediately say where Magnotta would be held.
Magnotta had been accompanied back to Canada by six Montreal police officers who are leading the inquiry into the killing and dismemberment of Chinese student Lin Jun.
Canada had called for Magnotta’s extradition after he was arrested in a cybercafe in Berlin on June 4, after being on the run for 10 days.
Officials here say Toronto-born Magnotta will face charges of first degree murder, committing indignities to a body, publishing and mailing obscene material and criminally harassing Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other members of parliament.
He faces life imprisonment if convicted. AFP