- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Teacher acquitted of molest charge More
Car on fire causes massive crawl on Penang Bridge
George Town: Traffic on the Penang Bridge heading to Seberang Perai ground to a crawl for almost two hours from 1.15pm today when a car caught fire.
A Fire brigade spokesman said the car was believed to have caught fire due to an engine problem.
However, he said a team of firemen from the Jalan Perak Fire Station managed to control the fire from spreading to other vehicles on the bridge within 10
"Although the car was 100 percent destroyed, the driver was lucky to get out of the vehicle in time. Right now, we were still investigating the
actual cause of the fire," he told reporters here.
Meanwhile, Penang traffic police chief DSP Abdul Rahim Md Din, when contacted, confirmed that they had received a report on the incident. -- Bernama