- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Tears as Mandela lies in state
- Why judge those who help sincerely?
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Demolished without any warning
- Mukhriz launches Ansara Club More
Chan adds best director award to his trophy shelf
HONG KONG: Jackie Chan has received a lot of awards during a career that’s spanned 50 years. But a best director award is rare on his trophy shelves.
The action star took home one for his 100th film, “Chinese Zodiac.” He was among entertainers honored at the Huading Awards in Hong Kong on Wednesday night.
Chan was all smiles backstage because he says this award didn’t come easy. He says directors like Stanley Kwan and Tsui Hark “move the camera and have fun with it.”
But he says the tempo is faster in an action film, and it’s harder to win directing awards.
He added: “I think I also got lucky.”
Chan said last year he thought “Chinese Zodiac” would be his last action movie and he’ll focus on other genres. --AP