- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
Chicken rice seller charged with murdering girlfriend
KUALA LUMPUR: Chicken rice seller Cheh Chun Nam, 33, is charged with the murder of his girlfriend Chan Yee Mun, 23, two weeks ago.
No plea was recorded.
It was reported that Cheh set fire to Chan at their home in Cheras after a quarrel in the early morning of June 22, and that she succumbed to her injuries four days later.
She died at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre's burns unit after suffering 83 per cent burns.
It was reported that the victim and the accused had been estranged since she went to New Zealand six months ago.
The charge, under Section 302 of the Penal Code, provides for the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.