- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Three people killed in road accident
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists More
KRAKOW, Poland, June 20, 2012 (AFP) - Centre-back Giorgio Cheillini was on Wednesday ruled out of Italy’s Euro 2012 quarter-final against England in Kiev.
The 27-year-old Juventus defender had limped out of Monday’s final Group C game, a 2-0 win over Ireland, with a hamstring problem.
Chiellini underwent tests on Wednesday morning but Italy team doctor Enrico Castellacci then said he wouldn’t be available for Sunday’s last eight clash.
“We’ll do everything to get him back as soon as possible, we’re not setting limits. If we make progress we’ll try to get him back for the first meaningful match,” said Castellacci.
“Chiellini is very determined to recover, we have to try, we’ve no other options.” The rugged centre-half will likely be replaced by club-mate Leonardo Bonucci against Roy Hodgson’s team.- AFP