- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain
- Tears as Mandela lies in state
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Why judge those who help sincerely?
- Demolished without any warning
- RTD confiscates 24 vehicles in joint ops
- Mukhriz launches Ansara Club
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Three nations close to joining Chemical Weapons Convention More
KRAKOW, Poland, June 20, 2012 (AFP) - Centre-back Giorgio Cheillini was on Wednesday ruled out of Italy’s Euro 2012 quarter-final against England in Kiev.
The 27-year-old Juventus defender had limped out of Monday’s final Group C game, a 2-0 win over Ireland, with a hamstring problem.
Chiellini underwent tests on Wednesday morning but Italy team doctor Enrico Castellacci then said he wouldn’t be available for Sunday’s last eight clash.
“We’ll do everything to get him back as soon as possible, we’re not setting limits. If we make progress we’ll try to get him back for the first meaningful match,” said Castellacci.
“Chiellini is very determined to recover, we have to try, we’ve no other options.” The rugged centre-half will likely be replaced by club-mate Leonardo Bonucci against Roy Hodgson’s team.- AFP