- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
KRAKOW, Poland, June 20, 2012 (AFP) - Centre-back Giorgio Cheillini was on Wednesday ruled out of Italy’s Euro 2012 quarter-final against England in Kiev.
The 27-year-old Juventus defender had limped out of Monday’s final Group C game, a 2-0 win over Ireland, with a hamstring problem.
Chiellini underwent tests on Wednesday morning but Italy team doctor Enrico Castellacci then said he wouldn’t be available for Sunday’s last eight clash.
“We’ll do everything to get him back as soon as possible, we’re not setting limits. If we make progress we’ll try to get him back for the first meaningful match,” said Castellacci.
“Chiellini is very determined to recover, we have to try, we’ve no other options.” The rugged centre-half will likely be replaced by club-mate Leonardo Bonucci against Roy Hodgson’s team.- AFP