- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- Authorities searching for missing Singaporean ferry passenger
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Excavator operator stumbles upon pre-war bomb
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Magnitude 7.8 earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Football: Spurs halt Fulham charge, Chelsea eye summit
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search More
KLANG: Describing those behind the rape-cum-murder of schoolgirl Nur Amyliana Shuhada Mohd Noor as animals, Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil wants the culprits to face the full wrath of the law.
The national welfare foundation chairman has urged the police to expedite investigations to bring closure to the case.
"Expedite (police) investigations and bring the child rapists to book. The victim was only 11...the offender(s) must be an animal (to resort to that).
"The area (where the body was found) being dark should not be an excuse. We want Malaysia to be safe
"The victim's mother told me that she wants police investigations to be fast so that the criminal(s) can be charged and others do not fall victim, likewise," Shahrizat, who is also Wanita Barisan Nasional chief, told reporters after visiting the victim's family here today.
Yesterday, the body of Nur Amyliana was found in a parking lot at Lorong Batu Nilam 1E, Bukit Tinggi here.
The police have remanded two youths for seven days, beginning today, to facilitate investigations. The suspects are aged 19 and 24.
Meanwhile, South Klang police chief ACP Mohamad Md Yusop said a post-mortem report from Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital indicated that Nur Amyliana Shuhada had been dead for less than 24 hours before her body was found.
He said the victim had bled from the genitals, adding that the cause of death was asphyxia.
He said the suspect(s) might have used a towel or pillow to cause asphyxia.
"Doctors have confirmed no injuries on the body, but based on the bleeding in her genitals, the victim was raped before she was murdered," added Mohamad. - BERNAMA