- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back More
KLANG: Describing those behind the rape-cum-murder of schoolgirl Nur Amyliana Shuhada Mohd Noor as animals, Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil wants the culprits to face the full wrath of the law.
The national welfare foundation chairman has urged the police to expedite investigations to bring closure to the case.
"Expedite (police) investigations and bring the child rapists to book. The victim was only 11...the offender(s) must be an animal (to resort to that).
"The area (where the body was found) being dark should not be an excuse. We want Malaysia to be safe
"The victim's mother told me that she wants police investigations to be fast so that the criminal(s) can be charged and others do not fall victim, likewise," Shahrizat, who is also Wanita Barisan Nasional chief, told reporters after visiting the victim's family here today.
Yesterday, the body of Nur Amyliana was found in a parking lot at Lorong Batu Nilam 1E, Bukit Tinggi here.
The police have remanded two youths for seven days, beginning today, to facilitate investigations. The suspects are aged 19 and 24.
Meanwhile, South Klang police chief ACP Mohamad Md Yusop said a post-mortem report from Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital indicated that Nur Amyliana Shuhada had been dead for less than 24 hours before her body was found.
He said the victim had bled from the genitals, adding that the cause of death was asphyxia.
He said the suspect(s) might have used a towel or pillow to cause asphyxia.
"Doctors have confirmed no injuries on the body, but based on the bleeding in her genitals, the victim was raped before she was murdered," added Mohamad. - BERNAMA