- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- 260,000 jobs by year-end More
MANILA, Philippines: A $15-million futuristic super yacht that was launched this year in China for a Hong Kong shipping magnate has docked in Manila harbor, providing a glimpse of the spaceship-looking boat.
The 42.5-meter (140-foot) -long Adastra is an elongated luxury yacht flanked by two large outriggers. It’s made of carbon fiber and Kevlar to make it extra light. The British-based John Shuttleworth Yacht Designs Ltd. says the vessel is so sophisticated it can be operated with an iPad.
The South China Morning Post reported early this month that the Adastra was built in Zhuhai in China by Australian boat builder McConaghy for Anthony Marder.
Marder told the paper the yacht would be brought to Manila for fine-tuning work before sailing around the world. -- AP