- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Bound and gagged woman, 76, found dead at home More
MANILA, Philippines: A $15-million futuristic super yacht that was launched this year in China for a Hong Kong shipping magnate has docked in Manila harbor, providing a glimpse of the spaceship-looking boat.
The 42.5-meter (140-foot) -long Adastra is an elongated luxury yacht flanked by two large outriggers. It’s made of carbon fiber and Kevlar to make it extra light. The British-based John Shuttleworth Yacht Designs Ltd. says the vessel is so sophisticated it can be operated with an iPad.
The South China Morning Post reported early this month that the Adastra was built in Zhuhai in China by Australian boat builder McConaghy for Anthony Marder.
Marder told the paper the yacht would be brought to Manila for fine-tuning work before sailing around the world. -- AP