- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
KUALA LUMPUR: MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek and DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng are to face each other again on July 8, in a debate organised by the Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI).
ASLI senior vice-president, chief strategy and programme officer Ng Yeen Seen said the debate, which has been termed as the Lim-Chua Debate 2.0 and titled "DAP & MCA: Whose Policies Benefit the Community Better?", covers policies in education, healthcare, economic prosperity, community service, national unity, public welfare and poverty alleviation.
"We will be holding a press conference tomorrow at 2 pm at the ASLI office to announce the details," she said when contacted.
Meanwhile, Dr Chua's aide, Giam Say Khoon, said Dr Chua has confirmed he will take part in the debate.
Lim's press secretary, Cheong Yin Fan, in a statement issued today, also said that the chief minister of Penang had accepted the ASLI invitation.
The first debate between the two political leaders was held on Feb 18 in Mandarin on the topic “Is the two-party system becoming a two-race system?”
It was held at Berjaya Times Square Hotel and telecast live on Astro AEC and in translated Bahasa Malaysia on Astro Awani.
Following the debate, the two leaders had agreed to have another, either in Bahasa Malaysia or English. -- BERNAMA