- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- Way out for MAS More
KUALA LUMPUR: MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek and DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng are to face each other again on July 8, in a debate organised by the Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI).
ASLI senior vice-president, chief strategy and programme officer Ng Yeen Seen said the debate, which has been termed as the Lim-Chua Debate 2.0 and titled "DAP & MCA: Whose Policies Benefit the Community Better?", covers policies in education, healthcare, economic prosperity, community service, national unity, public welfare and poverty alleviation.
"We will be holding a press conference tomorrow at 2 pm at the ASLI office to announce the details," she said when contacted.
Meanwhile, Dr Chua's aide, Giam Say Khoon, said Dr Chua has confirmed he will take part in the debate.
Lim's press secretary, Cheong Yin Fan, in a statement issued today, also said that the chief minister of Penang had accepted the ASLI invitation.
The first debate between the two political leaders was held on Feb 18 in Mandarin on the topic “Is the two-party system becoming a two-race system?”
It was held at Berjaya Times Square Hotel and telecast live on Astro AEC and in translated Bahasa Malaysia on Astro Awani.
Following the debate, the two leaders had agreed to have another, either in Bahasa Malaysia or English. -- BERNAMA