- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Baby among 3 killed in Kubang Kerian crash
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- FATAL CRASH
- Selangor religious dept urged to strengthen enforcement
- Hockey: Malaysia beat New Zealand 3-2 in Junior World Cup match
- Return of the archer
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- Floods fail to deter couple
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final More
KUANTAN: The CIDB Construction Club, introduced by the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) since a year ago to expose school children to various career in the building industry, has been set up in 54 secondary schools nationwide.
CIDB director, Suhaimi Mansor, said the club now had more than 1,500 members.
"Besides exposing students to the various career in the building industry, it is also to assist CIDB in getting participants for its programmes," he told reporters at the launch of the club at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Mat Kilau here.
He said the club provide students with an opportunity to learn more skills from participating contractors in the building industry.
"Indirectly, this helps to mould students to be more creative and innovative in their thinking," he added.
He said the CIDB Construction Club would be set up in seven schools in Pahang, namely SMK Mat Kilau, SMK Dato' Mahmud Mat, SMK Peramu Jaya, SMK Chini, SMK Chini 2, SMK Karak Setia and SMK Semambu. -- BERNAMA