- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Teacher acquitted of molest charge
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair More
KUANTAN: The CIDB Construction Club, introduced by the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) since a year ago to expose school children to various career in the building industry, has been set up in 54 secondary schools nationwide.
CIDB director, Suhaimi Mansor, said the club now had more than 1,500 members.
"Besides exposing students to the various career in the building industry, it is also to assist CIDB in getting participants for its programmes," he told reporters at the launch of the club at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Mat Kilau here.
He said the club provide students with an opportunity to learn more skills from participating contractors in the building industry.
"Indirectly, this helps to mould students to be more creative and innovative in their thinking," he added.
He said the CIDB Construction Club would be set up in seven schools in Pahang, namely SMK Mat Kilau, SMK Dato' Mahmud Mat, SMK Peramu Jaya, SMK Chini, SMK Chini 2, SMK Karak Setia and SMK Semambu. -- BERNAMA