- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Local media gather at Tok Bali maritime base
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: No objects found
- MISSING MH370: Blame game not helping: Tun M
- MISSING MH370: Families cling to faint hopes: psychologist More
SHAH ALAM: Police today confirmed strangulation as the cause of death of a TV9 administrative executive found dead at her Saujana Apartment unit in Damansara Damai, Petaling Jaya, on Saturday.
Selangor Police Chief Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said the post-mortem conducted on the body of Syaleza Jaafar, 31, at Sungai Buloh Hospital revealed strangulation marks on her neck and it was concluded that she had died of suffocation.
"The report shows that she died of strangulation and not hanging. We are conducting an investigation into the matter," he told a news conference here.
Tun Hisan said the police detained a close relative in Segamat, Johor, at 10.15 pm yesterday to help in the investigation.
The relative is to be remanded this evening, he added.
Syaleza's body was found by her husband, Norazman Bashah, in a bedroom of her apartment at about 7 pm.
Norazman claimed that he heard a loud bang in the bedroom and found his wife hanging from the ceiling fan, and brought her down.
He informed the police, who arrived there soon, and they confirmed that Syaleza had died.
Syazleza was the second of six siblings, and had a two-year-old son. -- BERNAMA