- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- 5 killed in crash
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Petronas reports major gas find
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Sleeping passenger locked in plane at Houston airport
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain More
SHAH ALAM: Police today confirmed strangulation as the cause of death of a TV9 administrative executive found dead at her Saujana Apartment unit in Damansara Damai, Petaling Jaya, on Saturday.
Selangor Police Chief Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said the post-mortem conducted on the body of Syaleza Jaafar, 31, at Sungai Buloh Hospital revealed strangulation marks on her neck and it was concluded that she had died of suffocation.
"The report shows that she died of strangulation and not hanging. We are conducting an investigation into the matter," he told a news conference here.
Tun Hisan said the police detained a close relative in Segamat, Johor, at 10.15 pm yesterday to help in the investigation.
The relative is to be remanded this evening, he added.
Syaleza's body was found by her husband, Norazman Bashah, in a bedroom of her apartment at about 7 pm.
Norazman claimed that he heard a loud bang in the bedroom and found his wife hanging from the ceiling fan, and brought her down.
He informed the police, who arrived there soon, and they confirmed that Syaleza had died.
Syazleza was the second of six siblings, and had a two-year-old son. -- BERNAMA