- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
SHAH ALAM: Police detained seven suspects, including a 15-year-old student, after they were involved in robbing a teenager in Seri Kembangan, Serdang on Sunday.
The incident happened about 2.30am when the 17-year-old victim was riding his motorcycle near a petrol station there when he was stopped by several men.
Selangor CID chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Mohd Adnan Abdullah said the assailants then started beating the victim, including with a spanner, before they fled with his Kawasaki motorcycle and about RM500 cash.
“Following a report lodged by the victim, police tracked down the suspects’ whereabouts to a house in Taman Desa, Jalan Klang Lama in Kuala Lumpur.
“A raid was conducted about 7.30pm on the day of the incident, where we nabbed five men and two women aged between 15 and 35,” he said.
Adnan said police also recovered the victim’s motorcycle in the raid. They are still looking for other valuables taken from the victim.
The male suspects are being remanded to facilitate in vestigations, while the female accomplices were released on police bail.
Meanwhile, on another case, Adnan said police detained a 44-year-old father in Kuala Selangor for abusing his son on Tuesday.
He said police were notified by Sungai Buloh Hospital’s staff of an abuse case involving a 8-year-old boy about 8pm Monday.
“The boy was sent to the hospital by his father, before medical checks found that he suffered injuries to the left side of his forehead, and swelling on the other.
“When asked how he was injured, the boy said that his father had beaten him up.”
Initial investigations also revealed that the suspect, who works as a contractor, had stepped on the boy.
He was picked up by a team of policemen from his house in Bandar Puncak Alam, and will be remanded until tomorrow.