- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing More
IPOH: A woman and her boyfriend were jointly charged at the magistrate's court yesterday with murdering her four-year-old daughter.
T. Parimala, 33, and S. Kupertalan, 27, were alleged to have murdered J. Pavitra at house number 152, Lorong Tawas 9, Kampung Tawas here between 8pm on Aug 7 and 5.20pm on Aug 14.
Parimala, who is seven months pregnant and unemployed, and Kupertalan, a funeral parlor worker and part-time security guard, were unrepresented.
Magistrate Shamshol Azwa Martadza fixed Nov 1 for mention pending a post-mortem report.
She ordered Kupertalan to be sent to Taiping prison and Parimala to Tapah prison.
Earlier, Kupertalan, from Lunas, Kedah, requested to be sent to Alor Star prison to allow his family to visit him. It was however rejected by the magistrate.
It was reported that Pavitra died at the Klinik 1Malaysia in Kampung Tawas following serious injuries.
Her death was reported by the clinic's staff who had suspected something amiss and the girl's body was taken to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital for a post-mortem.
Investigations showed the girl died from internal bleeding, consistent with physical abuse.