- Taib's son spared jail as court strikes out ex-wife's contempt application
- African student shot dead near college in Mantin
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Couple to hang for murdering maid
- Billion-ringgit undersea cable project
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Anwar sodomy trial: Defence witness was not consistent with his testimony
- Home Ministry bans publication of 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- PM: Malaysia hopes to develop stronger links with British industry
- 2 German tourists assaulted in George Town
- TV3 seeks review of defamation ruling by Appeals Court
- Nation's interests before my own popularity, says Najib
- Ringgit advances to 7-week high More
IPOH: A woman and her boyfriend were jointly charged at the magistrate's court yesterday with murdering her four-year-old daughter.
T. Parimala, 33, and S. Kupertalan, 27, were alleged to have murdered J. Pavitra at house number 152, Lorong Tawas 9, Kampung Tawas here between 8pm on Aug 7 and 5.20pm on Aug 14.
Parimala, who is seven months pregnant and unemployed, and Kupertalan, a funeral parlor worker and part-time security guard, were unrepresented.
Magistrate Shamshol Azwa Martadza fixed Nov 1 for mention pending a post-mortem report.
She ordered Kupertalan to be sent to Taiping prison and Parimala to Tapah prison.
Earlier, Kupertalan, from Lunas, Kedah, requested to be sent to Alor Star prison to allow his family to visit him. It was however rejected by the magistrate.
It was reported that Pavitra died at the Klinik 1Malaysia in Kampung Tawas following serious injuries.
Her death was reported by the clinic's staff who had suspected something amiss and the girl's body was taken to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital for a post-mortem.
Investigations showed the girl died from internal bleeding, consistent with physical abuse.