- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills
- EPL: Fixture pile-up worries Wenger
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Nigerian farmers abandon food crops for cannabis: agency
- WORLD CUP DRAW 2014: FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FLOOD: East coast may be hit by second flood wave More
IPOH: A woman and her boyfriend were jointly charged at the magistrate's court yesterday with murdering her four-year-old daughter.
T. Parimala, 33, and S. Kupertalan, 27, were alleged to have murdered J. Pavitra at house number 152, Lorong Tawas 9, Kampung Tawas here between 8pm on Aug 7 and 5.20pm on Aug 14.
Parimala, who is seven months pregnant and unemployed, and Kupertalan, a funeral parlor worker and part-time security guard, were unrepresented.
Magistrate Shamshol Azwa Martadza fixed Nov 1 for mention pending a post-mortem report.
She ordered Kupertalan to be sent to Taiping prison and Parimala to Tapah prison.
Earlier, Kupertalan, from Lunas, Kedah, requested to be sent to Alor Star prison to allow his family to visit him. It was however rejected by the magistrate.
It was reported that Pavitra died at the Klinik 1Malaysia in Kampung Tawas following serious injuries.
Her death was reported by the clinic's staff who had suspected something amiss and the girl's body was taken to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital for a post-mortem.
Investigations showed the girl died from internal bleeding, consistent with physical abuse.