- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Korean Air orders 11 Boeing long-haul jets in $3.6bn deal
- LIGHTNING ARRESTERS: Pole design cause of collapse
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- TV chef Nigella Lawson’s husband cautioned by police for assault
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- EU's billion-euro aid to Egypt 'ineffective'
- Verbal volleys spice up Korea-Iran clash More
Court grants order barring entrance to Dataran Merdeka
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have obtained a Magistrates Court order barring the organisers of an assembly and the public from convening at Dataran Merdeka from midnight today until May 1, announced Kuala Lumpur police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh today.
He said the move was aimed at ensuring peace and public order in the capital.
Mohmad emphasised that police would not hesitate to take action against anyone who gathered in the area.
"Any contravention of the restraining order is an offence under Section 188 of the Penal Code," he told reporters here today. -- BERNAMA