- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
KANGAR: Perlis registers a drop of 28.71 per cent in crime rate during the first seven months of this year, State Police Chief SAC Zull Aznam Haron said.
He said a total of 504 cases were reported between Jan 1 and July 24 this year, from 707 cases during the corresponding period last year.
The police would continue with efforts to reduce the rate, he said at a breaking of fast hosted by the Perlis Police Contingent here yesterday.
Present were the Raja of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Putra Jamalullail, and the Raja Perempuan of Perlis, Tuanku Tengku Fauziah Abdul Rashid.
Zull Aznam said efforts would also be made to strengthen volunteer bodies, like the Rukun Tetangga (RT)neighbourhood patrol and the Voluntary Patrol Scheme (SRS).
At the function, the Raja Perempuan Perlis, also presented gifts to 25 orphans.
Also present were the Raja Muda of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Jamalullail, and the Raja Puan Muda of Perlis, Tuanku Hajah Lailatul Shahreen Akashah Khalil. -- BERNAMA