- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Investments up 44% More
ARLINGTON, Texas: Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish has reached the 200th strikeout of his debut season in the U.S. major leagues.
Darvish became the first major league rookie to reach that mark since Daisuke Matsuzaka struck out 201 batters for Boston in 2007.
Darvish reached the mark when he removed Carlos Peguero leading off the fifth inning of Friday’s 9-3 win over the Seattle Mariners. He then removed Trayvon Robinson and Munenori Kawasaki to make it three strikeouts for the inning.
The 26-year-old Darvish came to the Rangers this season after seven seasons in Japan, where he was a two-time Pacific League MVP. -- AP