- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
ARLINGTON, Texas: Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish has reached the 200th strikeout of his debut season in the U.S. major leagues.
Darvish became the first major league rookie to reach that mark since Daisuke Matsuzaka struck out 201 batters for Boston in 2007.
Darvish reached the mark when he removed Carlos Peguero leading off the fifth inning of Friday’s 9-3 win over the Seattle Mariners. He then removed Trayvon Robinson and Munenori Kawasaki to make it three strikeouts for the inning.
The 26-year-old Darvish came to the Rangers this season after seven seasons in Japan, where he was a two-time Pacific League MVP. -- AP