- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Facebook CEO turns 28: Does age matter? More
KUALA LUMPUR: Businessman Datuk Seri Khalid Mohamad Jiwa, was involved in an accident while riding a high powered motorcycle in Queensland, New Zealand this afternoon.
Khalid, popularly known as Datuk K was said to be on a business trip since Dec 6 and was riding in Queenstown with some friends when the accident happened.
He was reported to have broken his shoulder bone, suffer injuries on his hands and legs but said to be in stable condition.
His sister, Datin Zaitun Mohamad Jiwa said she was informed about the incident by Khalid's friends and that he was rushed to the hospital and brought into the operation theatre.
Khalid's wife, Datuk Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin, 33, who was supposed to perform at a concert in Banjarmasin, Jakarta, Indonesia had to cancel the performance and rushed back to Kuala Lumpur before taking a flight to New Zealand tomorrow morning.
"She called me and asked if "Abang" (Datuk K) is in stable condition. She also asked me to book tickets to New Zealand for us and another friend," said Zaitun.