- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
Jakarta: The death toll in the 8.5-magnitude earthquake that hit Aceh on Wednesday has risen to 10, with 12 others injured, including four in serious condition.
Indonesia's disaster management body said the dead victims were elderly people aged between 62 and 88.
Six people died in Aceh Besar and one each in Padang Pariaman, Banda Aceh, Aceh Barat and Lhoksemauwe.
Of the four severely injured victims, two are from Aceh Besar, one in Aceh Selatan and another, a child, from Aceh Singkil.
The child is now in critical condition after being hit by a tree which had toppled over during the earthquake, it said. -- Bernama