- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- RTD officer, suspect in heavy machinery theft, detained
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media More
Jakarta: The death toll in the 8.5-magnitude earthquake that hit Aceh on Wednesday has risen to 10, with 12 others injured, including four in serious condition.
Indonesia's disaster management body said the dead victims were elderly people aged between 62 and 88.
Six people died in Aceh Besar and one each in Padang Pariaman, Banda Aceh, Aceh Barat and Lhoksemauwe.
Of the four severely injured victims, two are from Aceh Besar, one in Aceh Selatan and another, a child, from Aceh Singkil.
The child is now in critical condition after being hit by a tree which had toppled over during the earthquake, it said. -- Bernama