- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Celebrations on hold
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader' More
KUALA LUMPUR: Dance troupe Dem Lepak Boyz won the third season of Showdown, 8TV's popular dance reality show on July 4.
It beat two other troupes Project Elementz and Soul Gang to win the contest broadcast live from KL Live in Jalan Sultan Ismail here at 9.30pm.
Dem Lepak Boyz (DLB), Project Elementz (PEZ) and Soul Gang (SG) were announced as the finalists on June 27 by the show's judges, dancer / choreographer Maple Loo and hip-hop star Joe Flizzow.
The winning troupe took home RM50,000 and will participate in the Urban Dance Camp in Lorrach, Germany later this year.
The other nine dance troupes which participated in the 11-week contest were Soul Krazy, Walawei, Dvol Blacky Wacky, EGS Monster, Inversion, Kitta Move, Syko Breakerz Crew, The Hype and We Taking Over.
Showdown 2012 aired every Wednesday at 9.30pm on 8TV. It was hosted by DJ Hafiz Hatim of Fly FM.
The first season in 2010 was won by Wakaka Crew and the second season in 2011 was won by Elecoldxhot.