- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
Design studio owner drowns off Pulau Perhentian Kecil
BESUT: The owner of a design studio drowned at a dive site in the waters of Pulau Perhentian Kecil off here at about 2 pm yesterday, police said.
Foreign tourists diving at the location found Mohd Nurul Husni Mahmud, 37, who was once a pilot with Malaysia Airlines, floating in the water, said Besut Police deputy chief DSP Noor Zainy Mohd Noor.
He said Mohd Nurul Husni was rushed to the health clinic on the island but was confirmed to have died, and the body was sent to Besut Hospital.
Noor Zainy said Mohd Nurul Husni, who was from Alor Setar, Kedah, had checked into a chalet on the island on Feb 2 and was scheduled to leave tomorrow.
Meanwhile, boatman Mohd Asrul Che Rama, 25, who had befriended Mohd Nurul Husni said the latter had joined him for a drink at about 10.30 am yesterday and then left with two foreign tourists.
He said he had become acquainted with Mohd Nurul Husni because he was a regular visitor to Pulau Perhentian and had rented his boat to snap photographs which he processed at his studio in Alor Setar.
"Mohd Nurul Husni was a jovial person who liked to make friends and loved to take photographs of the scenery on Pulau Perhentian," he said, adding that the dive site was where he usually went for a swim and dive.
Family members claimed the body of Mohd Nurul Husni for burial in Alor Setar today. - Bernama