- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Investments up 44% More
BAGAN DATOH: Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was now so desperate to win the 13th general election and capture Putrajaya to the extent that he was willing to be made used of by the DAP, said Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
He said the Anwar he knew in the past was not like that but being desperate, the opposition leader was willing to sacrifice the principle of his struggles against the DAP.
He was speaking to reporters after presenting the 1Malaysia People's Aid (BR1M) to 815 recipients in the Bagan Datoh Parliamentary constituency at Dewan Pertubuhan Peladang, Simpang Tiga, here today.
Ahmad Zahid was asked to comment on the news report yesterday quoting Anwar as saying that he was willing to be used of by the DAP if the action could enable the opposition pact to capture Putrajaya in the 13th general election.
The report also mentioned Anwar believing more in the leaders of DAP and listening to their advice compared to any leader in Umno.
In this regard, Ahmad Zahid said Anwar was a person who took the stand that the end justified the means. - Bernama