- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Health monitoring system mobilised nationwide due to haze
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- World powers to meet on Syrian rebel demands
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- France hit by weather chaos, floods claim two victims
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- 7,000 Facebook users shared video clip on collapsed lightning arrestor More
PEKAN, July 20 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Najib Razak today reminded the people not to make a mistake in choosing their leaders as it can jeopardise peace in the country.
The prime minister said the wrong leaders would be irrational and cause havoc in the country and deny the people the prosperity they now enjoyed.
"If we make a mistake in the selection of leaders, we may lose the prosperity we enjoy.
"It is not good enough that a person is nice because some people pretend to be nice when they are really not," he said at the presentation of donations to 57 mosques and 170 suraus in his Pekan parliamentary constituency, here, in conjunction with the coming of the Ramadan fasting month. Muslims in the country begin the Ramadan fast tomorrow.
Najib said only rational and outstanding leaders have the capability to administer the country, formulate policies, generate wealth and foster cordial relations with other countries. -- Bernama