- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- AirAsia may order 50 more Airbus jets - CEO
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Patient falls from ambulance and dies in Brazil
- WHO to help Saudi Arabia investigate coronavirus before haj
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Elizabeth Taylor’s first wedding dress up for auction
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- TV News Twitter account hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- End near if self denial continues More
CARACAS (Venezuela): Venezuelan authorities say they have seized about 125 guns stashed inside a prison following a standoff that ended more than two weeks ago.
Top prisons official Iris Varela says authorities carried out an exhaustive search of La Planta prison in Caracas. She says they turned up some of the weapons by destroying floors and walls where guns had been hidden.
She says among the weaponry uncovered are handguns, shotguns, one submachine gun, one telescopic sight, 27 explosive devices and more than 64,000 rounds of ammunition.
A three-week standoff that pitted armed inmates against troops at the prison ended May 18 as the last of hundreds of prisoners came out and agreed to be moved to other prisons. -- AP