- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Celebrations on hold
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader' More
KUALA TERENGGANU: A clinic to treat drug addiction is to be built at a cost of RM23 million in Kampung Raja, Besut, soon, Terengganu Anti-Drug Agency director Abdul Mutalib Abdullah said today.
He said construction of the Cure and Care Clinic (CNC) was expected to begin in June at the site of the Narcotics Addiction Rehabilitation Centre (Puspen) which would be demolished.
All the Puspen staff and the addicts undergoing rehabilitation would be relocated to other rehabilitation centres during the period of construction, which was expected take two years, he told Bernama.
Abdul Mutalib said the CNC would have 200 beds and treat addicts who come voluntarily and would not force them to reside there.
"The concept differs from that of Puspen whereby the addicts are sent there by a court order," he added.
He also said that Terengganu had 21,177 1Malaysia Squad volunteers drawn from organisations and associations to raise awareness in the young about the dangers of drug abuse and addiction. -- BERNAMA