- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2 More
Du Pont Malaysia comes to SJK (C) Bertam Valley's aid
CAMERON HIGHLANDS: Du Pont Malaysia came forward yesterday to help rebuild the lives of pupils of SJK (C) Bertam Valley here who were affected by the recent mud flood.
The company presented school bags to some 250 pupils and donated four computers to the school, worth over RM23,000.
Du Pont Malaysia Sdn Bhd managing director Ong Ewe Hock said the school was significant to them as it participated in one of the company's community programme a year ago.
"When we were told that the school was in need of assistance, we decided to come to their aid.
"We hope that our small contribution will encourage other companies to come forward to help the school and others in need," he said when met at the school after presenting the aid.
Meanwhile, the school's headmaster Tee Lian Yew thanked Du Pont Malaysia for their assistance.
"This is the first private company which came to our aid, and we are truly grateful to them," he added.
The mud flood in Bertam Valley on Oct 23 claimed four lives and injured another.
Some 15 kongsi houses located along the banks of Sungai Bertam were also totally destroyed in the flood. They were part of a total of 80 houses which were hit by the flood.
More than 100 cars were also damaged in the flood, including some which suffered total lost.
SJK (C) Bertam Valley was also badly affected.