- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- WEEKEND WATCH: Heartwarming teacher tales More
DUNGUN: Dungun will soon have its own mini harbour as a new landmark in the district when a proposal to build the facility at Kuala Dungun here is realised soon.
Dungun Member of Parliament Datuk Matulidi Jusoh said he would forward the proposal to Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said.
"Currently, a project to deepen the river in Kuala Dungun is proceeding smoothly while a breakwater has been almost completed.
"When the deepening of the river is complete, we can focus on the construction of the mini harbour," he told reporters after opening a 1Malaysia "Green and Clean" programme at the Chemerong Recreational Forest, here, yesterday.
The mini harbour would revisit the glory of Dungun which used to be a well-known international port between the 1960s and 1970s when it was the main port for the transport of iron ore from the then major mining centre of Bukit Besi. -- BERNAMA