- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
Duo arrested for refusing to remove tent at Dataran Merdeka
KUALA LUMPUR: Police today arrested two men for refusing to remove a tent at Dataran Merdeka when ordered by enforcement officers of Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL).
Kuala Lumpur police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh said DBKL officers had earlier detained a man for refusing to remove a tent but suddenly another man came and tried to pull the other man's hand.
"The second man acted aggressively by pushing the shoulder of a DBKL officer and was arrested for obstructing an officer from discharging official duties."
Mohmad said the two men were handed over to police who arrested them and seized several camping equipment and some food.
Both men aged 35 and 23 years respectively are not students of institutions of higher learning.
The first man was arrested under section 40 of Street, Drainage and Building Act and given police bail while the second man under section 186 of Penal Code for obstructing public officers from carrying out duties. -- BERNAMA