- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Teen with scoliosis needs help
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang More
Duo disguised as women make-off with RM430,000 cholesterol medicine
SHAH ALAM: Two men disguising themselves as women made-off with 30 boxes of cholesterol medicine worth RM430,000 at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Mas Kargo warehouse last week.
The two suspects made the heist by wearing ‘ baju kurung’ and head scarves.
Selangor police chief Datuk Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said closed-circuit television camera (CCTV) footage showed that both the suspects could pass of as women.
However, he said their obvious strength and body language gave them away.
"Upon closer observation, judging from their movements and their ability in lifting heavy boxes, their disguise was exposed. Only men have the strength to lift the heavy boxes," he said at a press conference, here, yesterday.
Tun Hisan said the two suspects took advantage of the negligence of the warehouse supervisor who left the keys to the forklift in the ignition. The forklift was used to open the warehouse door and to lift the medicine boxes.
After receiving a report from the warehouse owner, police arrested six men aged between 30 to 46 years old. All six are believed to have experience in moving cargo.
"Three of the suspects worked as lorry drivers and they have visited many pharmacies to supply the stolen medicine," he said.
Tun Hisan said all six suspects were arrested at different locations and police recovered RM29,000 in cash and recovered 1,752 of the 2,400 cholesterol medicine containers contained in the 30 boxes stolen from the warehouse.
"A total 648 small boxes have been distributed to pharmacies including in Penang and Sarawak. The market price for each box is RM180 but they sold the medicine for only RM115 to buyers.
"The case is investigated under Section 457 of the Penal Code," he said.