- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
KUALA LUMPUR -- An earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale struck south of the Mariana Islands in the north-western Pacific Ocean at 7.42 am today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
The epicentre of the quake was in the sea 1,624km northeast of Jayapura, Indonesia, and 2,880km northeast of Kinabatangan, Sabah, it said in a statement.
The quake did not pose a tsunami threat, it added. -- BERNAMA