- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia bags 43 gold medals
- Retired NST staff, wife killed in multiple vehicle crash
- Dr Chua prays MCA will rise out of doldrums
- MCA 2013 : Liow is new party president
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Torres calls to hurry up
- MCA 2013 : Party's future in members hands - Dr Chua
- France searches river for China tycoon after chopper crash
- PKR Wanita chief slams Lim for racist remark
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- Malaysians safe in South Sudan
- Najib received as guest of Saudi Arabian govt
- Najib's visit to Saudi Arabia will take KL-Riyadh relations to greater heights
- Singapore beats Malaysia in Sea Games football More
SUBANG JAYA: The Education Ministry again made it into the Malaysia Book of Records (MBR) with the involvement of more than 3.6 million students in the national-level 1Malaysia 1Student 1Sports Simultaneous Aerobics exercise today.
The exercise was carried out simultaneously in 10,000 schools throughout the country and launched by Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin at the Sekolah Wawasan USJ 15, here.
In his message at the launching of the programme, Muhyiddin said the 1Student 1Sport policy, which required every healthy student to participate in at least one sport, was in line with the aspiration to inculcate the sporting culture in schools.
"I am grateful because the 1Student 1Sport policy also demonstrated the government's intention to turn sports as a major tool for solidarity because it had been clearly proven that sports could unite the multi-racial community in realising the 1Malaysia Concept," he said.
Last year, the ministry had made an entry into the MBR through the 1Malaysia 1Student 1Sport Simultaneous Run which was participated by 4.1 million students from 9,980 schools nationwide.
Shortly after delivering his speech, Muhyiddin, together with the Director-General of Education, Tan Sri Abd Ghafar Mahmud, and several senior officers of the ministry joined about 2,500 students in the school field to carry out the aerobic exercise for 45 minutes.
After the exercise, the Deputy Prime Minister witnessed the handing over of the MBR certificate which he signed to Abd Ghafar from MBR president Datuk Danny Ooi.
Muhyiddin also officiated the futsal between the students and later visited the exhibition booths. Bernama